60% of shoppers are likely to buy a product if it has all the information they need on their labels.
You need to print labels with all the necessary product description information, not only to make more sales, but to comply with the set regulations.
For instance, Health Canada requires your cannabis label to include all the relevant information. This information is mostly intended to assist consumers understand what they are consuming.
So, failure to comply may lead to attracting fines and penalties that may end up hurting your brand or bottom line.
But you have to do the labeling right as it helps you achieve the following.
1. Ensure Legal Compliance
The Canadian Cannabis Act states that you can only consume or purchase cannabis if you are 18 years and over.
Also, your packaging has to be of one primary color and should not have sweet aromas emitted while the cannabis is still in the package.
However, by meticulously adhering to these legal regulations, you not only fulfill legal requirements but also build public trust. This adherence serves as a clear message to your customers that you prioritize and uphold ethical business practices.
Additionally, the labeling on your cannabis product educates consumers about responsible usage.
Failure to do this attracts legal consequences like imprisonment for up to 14 years for selling cannabis that has psychotic effects to minors.
Therefore, you should always add a label on the packaging that your cannabis product is not for sale to anyone under the age of 18.
2. Promote Informed Consumer Decision-Making
Labeling helps the consumer understand what they are consuming or applying to their skin.
So, Health Canada requires that your label include all the ingredients on your cannabis. This is what you must include for all of these ingredients listed.
- Allergen information
- Carrier oils
- Cannabis components (THC, CBD)
For instance, the table below shows the Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) potency limit you should have on your product.
|Class of Cannabis Product||THC Potency Limit|
|Fresh or Dried flowers and leaves from the cannabis plant||Up to 30%|
|Cannabis Oil||Up to 3%|
|Chemically concentrated extracts like wax, budder or shatter||Up to 90%|
|Physically concentrated extracts like Kief||Up to 60%|
|Foods and drinks containing extracts of cannabis||Maximum of 10 mg of THC per package|
|Tinctures or sprays from dissolving the cannabis extract in a solvent like alcohol.||Maximum of 10 mg of THC per capsule or dispensed amount|
|Creams, Salves or Liniments||Maximum of 10 mg of THC per package|
You need to display this information on the label to enable the consumer to choose what percentage of THC they want to consume. Because THC has psychoactive effects (gives a “high”) when consumed in large doses.
3. Patients Know the Specific Cannabinoid Content
The therapeutic advantages of CBD have been the subject of numerous studies. CBD is a naturally occurring compound found in the cannabis plant. And unlike THC, it has no psychoactive effects or does not give a “high” when consumed.
Instead, it has potential therapeutic benefits according to these studies:
- A 2017 study discovered that 2.5% transdermal CBD—applied to the skin—could prevent relapse in drug and alcohol addiction. How? CBD reduces relapse stressors by helping the user feel calm and relaxed.
- A 2015 study shows that CBD can treat anxiety disorders.
- The Rockefeller Institute of Medical Research study discovered that CBD reduces inflammation.
- A 2017 JCI Insight study found that even after mild workouts like isometric exercises, CBD lowered blood pressure in patients whose blood pressure was high.
- A 2015 Care By Design study found that CBD oil helped reduce pain and inflammation in cancer patients. It can also help improve cancer patient’s appetite and reduce fatigue as well as nausea.
Therefore, you need to show the exact CBD content while labeling your product because it enables the consumer:
- Have the exact dosage information so that they can be able to discuss with their doctors when creating a treatment plan.
- Calculate and administer precise dosages tailored to their medical needs.
- Replicate the correct dosage consistently.
Use Quality Cannabis Labeling Equipment
To attract more customers, you need to include all the ingredients your cannabis product has.
You need to list the CBD and THC potency levels and all the other ingredients in your product.
But you cannot include all these ingredients if your labeling machine does not allow you to label properly on all packages, whether big or small.
You can only achieve this level of finesse by using high-quality labeling machines from Accent Label Automation.
By using our labeling machines, you’ll ensure that every product stands out, providing clear and accurate information about its potency, strain and origin.
This elevates your brand’s image and instills confidence in your customers with labels that reflect your commitment to quality.
Purchase our cannabis labeling machines today and we will show you how to customize it to fit all your product preferences.